We require that all researchers:
- Make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing;
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us; and
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and eWAY until we’ve had 90 days to resolve the issue.
If you follow these guidelines when reporting an issue to us, we commit to work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly (including an initial confirmation of your report within 72 hours of submission).
In the interest of the safety of our users, staff, the Internet at large and you as a security researcher, the following test types are excluded from scope:
- Findings from physical testing such as office access (e.g. open doors, tailgating);
- Findings derived primarily from social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing);
- UI and UX bugs and spelling mistakes; and
- Network-level Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS) vulnerabilities
Things we do not want to receive:
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Credit cardholder data
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of our products or platforms please send it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following details with your report:
- Description of the location and potential impact of the vulnerability; and
- A detailed description of the steps required to reproduce the vulnerability (POC scripts, screenshots, and compressed screen captures are all helpful to us).
If you’d like to encrypt the information, please use our PGP key.